Do you think the Iraqi government should allow Israel to use their airspace if Israel chooses to make the first move on Iran?

Here's the video clip:

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=2240198&referralPlaylistId=playlist

sgalsmommy

Asked by sgalsmommy at 12:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No, we need more diplomacy. We don't need to be dragged into another war.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• There has been diplomacy. The five permanent members of UN Security Council and Germany offered economic benefits in exchange for Iran’s “immediate cessation of uranium enrichment’ back in August, and Iran gave no clear answer! They’re stalling and Germany, France, and Britain even admitted this. The UN has already placed three sanctions against Iran. Russia cancelled on this last meeting where the UN Security Council members were expected to put forth another sanction against Iran. Iran is quickly aligning itself with Russia and China and the country doesn’t seem to be very open to negotiations. I’m all for diplomacy, but how can one be diplomatic when the nation in question has chosen to isolate itself?
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 1:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Have you ever noticed that all the intelligent questions on this forum go almost completely unanswered? It's a good indicator to me that this is not the place to ask for opinions. But, anyway, I agree that we need more diplomacy. We don't have the resources to participate in another war, so we need to pull out all the stops to get this resolved diplomatically. I sort of get Iran's isolation, atleast towards the US. We are seen now as a giant imperialistic shadow over the entire Middle East.
    My jaw dropped when I heard Palin say in the debate that we cannot allow Iran to harness nuclear power even for energy. That is completely against international law. I realize she probably had no idea what she was saying, but what does that say to the rest of the world? We have become Team America World Police.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 5:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Oh, I forgot to mention the news source! Okay, I have no real issue with John Bolton. I think, whatever is opinion, he says what he means, but FoxNews? Hannity and Colmes? Ugh! They couldn't be farther from real news. That is the most biased network I have seen so far and that show is... there are no words. Just ugh.
    I wouldn't take anything they say as anything more than a commercial for the GOP.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 5:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2008