Do you use profane language in front of your children?

I have a friend who does and was outraged when her 6 yo started using the colorful language. If you say it in front of them what makes you think they wont say it right???

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I try very hard not to curse at all. I find it really doesn't accomplish anything. There are better ways to talk. Of course I slip up everynow and then, but not in front of the kids.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I slip up sometimes but I do my nest not to use it in front of them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I slip up on occasion, but I'm really trying not to do it. Sometimes old habits are hard to break.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yep, sure do... As I have stated in these questions day after day, we do not buy in to the idea of "Bad Words" in this house. Words are nothing but letters, that's it. Who decides what is a good or bad word? Seriously, it's just a stupid notion. Instead we focus on the usage of the words used, rather than the words themselves. I would rather hear my son scream the F word when he stubs his toe than call his brother a "crap face" So, that's what we teach, usage is more important than the words themselves.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't. NO WAY
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• *Best
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nope, I have never been one to say them though.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't usually cuss at all and NEVER do in front of my daughter. And if I hear someone cussing around her, I will tell them to cut it out. IMO, cussing is unnecessary and in many cases just makes you look immature and stupid.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't at all these dayds and surely never in front of my kids. I am trying to get them not to say stupid which they leanred on tv.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I try not to, but yea. However when my kids started copying it I explained the difference between adult language and child language. They don't say it. I had one day of one around screaming ass hole. Nothing since it's been two yrs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010