Why is my two year old out to get me??

I love her dearly, but lately she has been a bitter pill! Everything is "no!!". No matter what I ask her, the answer is "no!!!".
She has taken to diving off of the couch head-long (well, crawling off the couch on her tummy, head-first). She is going to break her neck one of these days.
The other day, instead of eating her yogurt, she decided to "paint" the kitchen table and chair with it.
Everyday, I think "OMG I'm going to put her to bed early!!", but I can't do that every night!! lol. I need to find a way to deal with my little one without losing my frickin' mind!

Any help or advice?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 11:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think she is plotting with my son..LOL.

With a lot of things my son does I sigh and ignore it...like one day he colored on the cat and showed me and I just told him yup I see. He never did it again because I didn't give him a lot of attention from it. Poor cat still has a green stripe on his head though.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It really is just a stage that 99% of them go through. She is probably looking for your reaction and finding it funny :o)

They are also little scientists, which explains the painting. They want to use all senses to learn about the world.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• She is trsting you.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• oh god if you or anyone else figures this out let me know as well! I've tried everything I could think of and advice from other mamas but nothing works for my 2 yr old
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• dang it, trsting= testing
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It doesn't get better momma LOL. Just adapt is my only advice!!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Just be consistent, put things out of her reach that she can't have, take her outside to blow bubbles, run, race, roll a ball around...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You better figure out a way to discipline the little sweetie, or your life is going to be pretty miserable for a very long time. Every child is born with the expectation of telling everyone else what to do. Your job as a parent is to train her to know that it ain't happening. I chose to spank my children, and it worked very well for us. I think it's the most effective, quickest and best way to teach a child that she is to obey and respect the authority of her parents. For instance if, when she starts to crawl off the edge of the couch and you tell her no, and she continues to crawl off it, you would pop her one time on her unpadded butt or her bare leg, I am willing to bet she would stop, if for no other reason than the shock of having been physically reprimanded for having disobeyed her mother. Whatever you choose to use, you better adopt it quickly 'cause the stakes are going to keep rising until you gain control.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• aww remember the days when you thought "oh she'll NEVER act like THAT"...not my wonderful baby...bwahahaha she had something else in mind! i know what you mean. i'm going through it now, mine just turned 2 on tuesday. my son wasn't as bad as her...i think it has something to do with her being the second born...but one thing she does is look at me, turn her head sideways, still looking at me, giving me this goofy grin, and that face means "i'ma bout to do something you're not gonna liiiikkee.." and she runs off. she loves to do this to me in church, so i'm chasing her in my heels. time outs, she'll smile and laugh as she does something she's not supposed to do, then run to the time out wall and laugh as she puts her nose on the wall. pops on the butt work sometimes, but not all the time...so right now i'm with you...she's driving me CRAZY! especially when fighting with her brother...ggrr i'm gonna end up ripping my hair out!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010