how should i handle this adult content

my husbands sister is a bit slow due to drugs...her and her crackhead boyfriend had a baby two months ago...well when he was younger he robbed a jewerly store and went to jail well he has to finish paying his probation officer and the fines from the court....well he came crying to me and my husband about how he needed 60 dollars in a hour or he was going to jail monday morning...and all this other bull shit....we come to find out they went and asked my father in law for 40 and uncle 20...i am sooo fucking pissed...i dont know excatally how to handle this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• If you gave the money, don't do it again unless you don't want it back/ mean it as a gift. He is not the type to pay you back.
    As for the family all in all, are they still into drugs? If so you need to really pray about stepping in for that baby...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would sign up for Alanon for people who are related to a drug addict and I would tell him you know he scammed you just tell him. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If he asks for money, tell him sure, and that you will glady take him to where ever it is and pay the bill/debt/groceries/ect...that way you are helping and you know exactly where the money is going.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sounds to me like he needs to go to jail. Did you give him the money? If so, don't expect to ever see it again. If not, DON'T give it to him. And remember, NEVER give a drug-addicted person money. They make up all sorts of lies about what they need it for and are better actors than Hollywood. 90% of the time you are only enabling their addiction.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• did yall give him 60, then the fil and uncle combined 60? maybe he needed 120 bc those fines should be more than just 60 bucks. talk to him about it and never do it again. if he cant pay for his mistakes he should suffer the consequences. he had to have known when the money was due and prepared rather than wait last minute
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• dnt led them money again they used it on drugs am sure of it
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• don't give him money any more and don't expect to see it back. crackheads are total con artists - i unknowingly dated two in my lifetime. i would tell the other family members that he was trying to get more money than he said he needed and asking everyone and let them know your decision to let them fight their own battles. even these two ended up in rehab - one after he stole all my shit and i found out he was a crackhead (i was naive), the other shortly after i discovered his habit. neither one stuck. don't get involved in their drama any more than just giving the family members the info to make up their own minds - you can't control either the addicts nor the family but you can keep yourself sane.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• and as for the person who suggested taking them to pay their bills or groceries - that amounts to enabling - don't do that either. they will take bill money and use it on drugs if they know there is someone to wipe their ass for them every time they mess up.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• don't give him money. he's a crackhead. they lie and cheat to get money to support their habit.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have had experiences with my grandmother's neighbor like this. We heard every "emergency" in the book. Her mother/baby/dh needed meds because they were soooo sick!! Or she needed food for the baby! Just use this as a learning experience that they will lie about anything to get money for drugs and will "swear on a bible" it's the truth. If you don't have the money to throw away then say no. And if they ever are telling the truth then maybe they'll learn from the fable of crying wolf. (Also have a family member tangled in this mess).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010