IUD strings

How far do IUD strings hang down? How do you remove tampons with out pulling your IUD strings?

queen.bee

Asked by queen.bee at 11:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• They hang down pretty low. The have you check monthly for them. So it's low enough for you to......yeah check to see if it's still there. Plus my hubby always felt it during intercourse. One of the big reasons why I had it removed since it's a pointy string.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It really depends on your cervix. I have a tilted uterus so my strings are VERY far back. My husband rarely feels them. If they are a problem during sex they can always cut them a bit shorter. You should have no problems with Tampons.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The doctors can cut them I think. Mine is long enough that I can find it but that is about it. The tampon would not interfere, the string is pretty small and up pretty high.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• mine were up pretty high. my doctor cut them pretty short and my husband couldnt feel them when we had sex. it was kind of a pain to even check if they were there.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• a tampon goes out of your body. you can see it. you cant see an IUD string. its way up near your cervix. you have to go pretty far to feel it.
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2010