what is the best way to break the news that you are five months pregnant to parents??

mommyowens

Asked by mommyowens at 12:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why are you scared to tell them? Won't they be excited? I say just tel em. They'll probably be excited.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I gave them a picture of the ultrasound. Parents tend to have to be walked through it though!!! My mother was like what is that?
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 12:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Is this supposed to be good news or bad? If good, wrap up something babyish ( a onesie, a bottle, a diaper) and tell them you have a gift for them. If bad, tell them you have a "surprise" for them (that will kind of make it seem good at first) and just blurt it out. LOL.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• well, why have u waited 5 months to tell them? or did u just find out? first, if u are scared of their reaction, remember most parents don't react the way u expect them to. I live with my mom, my now ex lived with us, too, and they weren't getting along..so I thought she'd be pissed. I said hey mom i need to talk to u, she said what's wrong? are u pregnant? i said yep I am she said..omg...we need to get u a good bra...i about died laughing...she hugged me, went in and picked on my bf and has been there for me through the whole thing. So, just sit them down and tell them and try not to expect anything either way, don't expect them to be mad, don't expect them to be happy.
    Mers1803

Answer by Mers1803 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I do want to add that u should expect them to be a little confused/miffed/upset that you waited until you were 5 months to tell them, unless of course you just found out. No matter what, that will probably be what bothers them the most, that u hid it from them for so long.
    Mers1803

Answer by Mers1803 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Buy them a nice grandma/grandpa tee-shirts.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 12:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My news was a big shock since me and my boyfriend had just started dating! They found out by my cousin saying that once I got pregnant she was going to get a puppy. I told her she better start looking. Ha! My mom didn' t believe me until I got a sonogram and she had to go with me to make sure I wasn't making it up. Thinking about that I still think she thinks my tattoo is fake. She's pretty nieve. Good Luck!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• why are you scared for them to know ? i would just tell them lol i sent my mom a text message lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• hahaha@zoeybug... i remember when I was 19 and living with my mom. I pulled her in the bathroom and showed her the pregnancy test, and no kidding; she looked down close at it, and then asked me "who's is that?" I am like are you serious!!! HAHA! You are right, sometimes, it takes them a sec to grasp what is going on...

To the poster: Just tell them. I know it's hard but just do it; sure they may be disappointed, or angry (if they are those type,) but generally, they get over as soon as they see that lil face. GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 2:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• my hubby showed his parents the sonogram and I told my parents threw the phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2008