Horrible GPA?

I have a horrible GPA from my undergrad... a 2.58 with a 2.25 in my major coursework. I should also mention that I took 97 hours at the 3/400 level when the university only required 30...so as you can see I try the more difficult courses instead of opting for the easy way out...thus the low GPA. I have to take the GRE if I want to get into grad school and I'm pretty sure I can get the 3 letters of recommendation....could those 2 as well as my purpose statement help to buffer me? What are the odds of me getting into grad school? Should i even bother? The ones I am considering applying to do not have GPA requirements listed....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in

• You still have good odds. I would still try if I were you. Don't give up!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Most grad programs require a 3.0. If a program requires a 3.0 they won't look at your application unless you have a 3.0. It's not fair but that's the way it is. You could try to get into a program that doesn't have GPA requirements, get A's and try and transfer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I know a lot of grad schools like above a 3.0, however if personal statement gives some sort of explanation as to why your GPA is lower it might help. As for the GREs they are hard as $hit so study study study..... Good luck!!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It really depends on the program you are going for. Call the admissions offices at the prospective schools and talk with someone there. You can get a better idea of what programs and which schools are right for someone with your transcripts and scores.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

Next question in
My son hates school! HELP!!

Next question overall (Relationships)
how should i handle this adult content