Have any of you ever disowned a family member? If so why?

MSNK2007

Asked by MSNK2007 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• because she is a horrible person. she double crosses everyone she meets. she takes complete advantage of anyone who will fall for her sob stories. she turned her dd against her father and took the child support and bought drugs.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes i "disowned"my older two brother. I want nothing to do with them. My oldest brother is a child molester nothing has happen to him since he's LD, he's 26 but has the mind of a 12 year old. The next one is a felon is into drugs and he also shoved me down very hard when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter and I haven't seen him since.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am the one who has been disowned from my dad but we now have apologized and get along better than before.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• yes i hve my cuz her bf at the time had realtions wiht there 3 week old twin girls and saiud he never touched them
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes...alcoholism, drug addiction, adultery, and other stomach turning issues. If someone doesn't want to change, you have to walk away.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• When you "disown" someone,you are saying they are not related to you, that you have absolutely no connection to them or you are cutting them off from financial help or cutting them out of your will.
    No, I haven't. Thank goodness. We are a pretty average, decent family...all of the family,in-laws, kids, etc. ..all of 'em :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I disowned my mother after she told me when my son was sick with cancer that she hated me after the relationship just started to suck.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• yes, my cousin.... b/c I was tired of dealing with his spoiled little ass, and sick of being treated like dirt by him!! Life is much better with out all the drama!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i am pretty sure when i move out i will not talk to my brother for years.

he fights like a lunatic he steals money and lies - if caught in a lie he fights like a lunatic.... he is 17 but pisses away more then i ever did but treats me like the stuff on the bottom of our shoes.. Unless he needs something or wants to be listened to - i dont feel comfortable being around him for any period of time though

i get so tense because i am not allowed to have an opinion if it goes against him. he can rob me blind but if anything of his is out of place he looses his mind. i dont want anything to do with him

it hurts when we were younger i felt like it was us against everything. our dad has epilsy and had his license taken away along with his ability to work out side the home - he fell apart and and w/ all the meds has changed - people talk about him and it hurts us... he is our father. crazy crazy times. but now i feel so alonewhocares?
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I disowned my family after my Father died.( 5 yrs ago)... My Mom was gone before him and everything thing just fell apart. I have friends who are like family. I don't think blood should make you obligated to like them...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010