I need some new friends =(

I am looking for some friends with kids...I have 1 other friend who has kids and she just up and moved on me. So I would love to have some new friends. I am really shy and am wondering if anyone knows a good place to go to meet new people...this sounds like a dating ad but I'm tired of ALWAYS being by myself (well me and the kids) I just want another adult to talk to or have a play date with while my husband is at work...Any ideas????

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 11:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I am kind of shy but met my friend at church. Her son is near my son's age, so we started talking.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Im looking for new friends too! Where do you live? If anything we could be online buddies =)
    vampiremommy1

Answer by vampiremommy1 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• parent and tot programs and I can't think of any other ones right now, local library, some daycare have parents and kids learning centers, parks
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am in the same boat. All of my friends went away to college after high school and settled where them went to school. I never go out with friends or have playdates unless one of my friends are in town. People have told me to try the library on one of those children story times.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Try to find a toddler play group. If there is none near you start one up. I thought I was going to go crazy living in the tiny town I am in where I don't know anyone, I had a 1 year old and was very pregnant. I found a playgroup and after our very first day I felt SO much better. I have being going for a year now and the women in the group have become my social circle and we all help each other out.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• There are groups here that go by state. For example, there is an Indiana Mommies group. Do a search for what state you live in. Some of them do play dates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Try meetup.com- I've heard great things about it. When my friend moved to TX, she did a meetup search for playgroups with kids in it her age, and she has made some of the best of friends from doing that. Her husband has found a few meetups that he goes to as well- it's really helped them make new friends.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 11:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'm in the same boat you are, except none of my friends are really "friends." We moved to this area a few years ago and I just never got into the grove of meeting new friends. Now DD is in pre-school and I've met some new moms, but they seem so fickle in our friendship, like they don't care if we're friends or not...except for if they need me for something. It's really irritating. Meetup.com has helped a little, but not a lot. Good luck to you!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010