can you feel the baby kick at five months?

mommyowens

Asked by mommyowens at 12:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Usually people start feeling movements from 18-22 weeks. So, yes, in your 5th month you will normally feel the baby move. First time Moms usually "recognize" the feeling later. The location of your placenta can also effect how soon you feel it, if your placenta is in front of the baby, it will pad the movements and some people don't feel much until 22-25 weeks. It gets more regular and frequent the further along your pregnancy goes.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• u can feel it, but at first it feels like little flutters,like butterflies kinda and then it gets stronger and stronger over the next few weeks.
    Mers1803

Answer by Mers1803 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I am just starting my 6th month and I have been feeling her kick for awhile now. it starts feeling like a bunch of butterflies but it feels like hands and feet kicking or moving around..Its a lot stronger now. Do you feel your baby kicking yet?
    Kimikat1

Answer by Kimikat1 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i think i feel it kick it kinda feels like a twitch in my lower stomach lol
    mommyowens

Answer by mommyowens at 12:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I felt my firstborn baby kick (and I saw my stomach moving!) at 41/2 months so yes it's possible.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I felt fluttering at 5 months.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 12:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I am 21 weeks and I can feel the baby kick, punch, and feel her head hit me as well. It was helpful after the ultrasound and I could see what I was feeling as it was happening. Every day it seems as though the movements feel stronger.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I am 20 wks and 2 dys. This is my 4th child and I can barely feel anything. I know everything is ok b/c I've had like 9 u/s. They have yet to hear the heartbeat and I only started feeling the baby about 2 days ago. I know what it feels like as I have had 3 already. I only feel it really late at night and only once or twice.... I'm a little concerned but my dr tells me it's normal to not feel it as much right now, so you should be ok if you can't fell it yet.
    Oh with my first, ppl kept saying it feels like gas or air bubbles or flutters, no sry. It felt like a KICK from the inside! lol. She was playing soccer with my kidneys and that was at like 18 wks.
    Preggalious81

Answer by Preggalious81 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2008