What to do about low blind strings

My new place when I pull the blinds up, which I do all the time so the kids can see outside without destroying the blinds. They go very low, low enough for my 1 yr old to reach. How can I keep them up without tangling them up? Or using tape? I don't want to use tape on these new walls.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have 'c' hooks screwed into the wall up high next to the window and tie the cords up high, out of reach
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 10:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I just tie mine up, and place them around one of the blinds.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• just tie them in a simple bow or a nifty knot- nothing that will permanently knot or tangle- that's what we did with ours

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had my husband install a piece thats a short bar that has a screw in the middle and then I wrap the string in an "eight" pattern. I have to unwrap them to put the blinds back down but its worth the piece of mind. I got it at the hardware store.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Blinds are sold with a gizmo in the box for this purposes. Child hangings from blinds were epidemic so they make a thingy to keep them up. If you blinds are older and you don'g have them just coil them up then tie in a knot way at the top. Just do what you have to to get it done, they are a major death threat to a child left hanging down.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2010