No Judging Please?

Ok I am taking a pregnancy test tonight. I already have a daughter (10 months old.) My husband and I live in his parents house because we do not have enough income to rent. His parents have told us that if I am pregnant again they will be kicking us out. Call me irrisponsible, whatever, things happen. I am on BC, but that doesnt always work. So any ways, if I am pregnant and we do get kicked out, does anyone know how I can go about getting us a place to live? We are in New Jersey.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Get a better paying job and save up money.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Don't tell them you are preggers until you have the money to move out.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• 1st off, my husband and I have a 14 month old son and I am just about 6 months pregnant with our 2nd and we live with his parents at the time as well. No judgement passed it's hard I understand.
    2nd how can they just kick a family out thats obsurd and rediculous and they couldn't possibly have a heart.
    How much can you guys afford a month, try section 8, wic, and other forms of help. Does hubby have a job that can support you guys? What if you got into a small apartment and watched kids in the building for extra money to help out with bills? I would check out newspaper for rentals and also drive around looking for places for rent by private parties. Good Luck in your search
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• sometimes i wonder if they do have hearts...
    anyways, my hubby makes around 1,200 a month and every place private places included has told us that, that is too little even for a place that is 550 a month.
    Does anyone know if my family could get welfare?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Well you won't start to show right away, so don't say anything immediately. What is your money going to while you're living with them? Are you saving while you're there?

Helpful FAQ for state assistance in NJ  http://www.nj.gov/faqs/lia/index.html

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Our money is going to gas, food, baby needs, clothes for winter, fixing things in this horrible house, and feeding my fiances brother sometimes. And we have barely any money saved because every week something is breaking and his parents dont know how to run/take care of their own household.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I say stop making excuses and start making a budget. If you REALLY want to move out, sit down with the ENTIRE family and inform them that while you don't mind helping out with bills (being since you DO live in their house), you are going to start setting aside a certain percentage of EVERY pay check REGARDLESS of if their other son needs food or if their front porch light went out. They shouldn't argue with that...I mean, it proves that you ARE making an effort to take on some responsibility for making a life of your own. If they DON'T like those terms, just tell them that this is what you are going to do..with or without their approval. You may live in their house but you have a family to support too...and you CAN'T do that while you are supporting his parents and his brother as well.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Go to your local WIC office and apply for WIC. Apply for food stamps. Apply for housing assistance and utility assistance. Apply for section 8 housing.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would open a savings account and force yourself to put 500 a month in it - at least. If you're not paying rent or utilities -- you should be able to pay for food, baby needs and clothing easily for less then 700.00. Once the money is there don't touch it. Don't mention it to the in laws. The money is gone. Consider it spent. You guys need to have a nest egg. Cut expenses where you can. Look at where you're money is going and be honest about where you can reduce loss. (Second hand clothes, cooking more often, etc) Good luck :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Maybe YOU should get a job, too. Get daycare assistance or ask his 'rents to watch the kiddo.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2008