My daughter has a concussion...at what point is it serious?

She is 19 and was boating on a wave runner thing you tie to the back of a boat she was riding with another kid , flipped the wave runner and smacked heads before going into the water.
Now 36 hours later she speaks slowly, has to concentrate on her words in order to form a sentence.
see bright lights when her eyes are closed and has a feeling that her brain is bleeding. her head hurts in a way it has never hurt before but what makes me concerned is her speech ability/comprehension and she says there's a feeling that she says feels like her brain is bleeding......
She is being taken to the ER but not by me because she is 300 miles away...and while everyone else is thinking "it's no big deal"
I'm scared out of my living mind!I want to be there with her but all I can do is wait for an update.
I have worked with people who have traumatic brain injury and her concussion scares me...people always blow these things off but I can't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• prayingI would be dropping everything and be getting over there- if she does have bleeding on her brain she could slip into a coma quite quicky.... JMO but if it was my DD I would get me butt there- hope she's okay sending prayers.

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree with pp. I would go and be with her. She is in my prayers.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree!! Go now!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would go too. It will help you and her feel a lot better.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would say the minute the word concussion entered the picture it is serious!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Aug. 2, 2010