DOES ANYONE KNOW A LEGIT SITE TO LEARN AND TAKE A G.E.D TEST???

I AM ONLY 2 POINTS OFF FROM GETTING IT BUT HAD TO QUIT SCHOOL WHEN I MOVED AND AM NOW LOOKING FOR SOME ONLINE CLASSES CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT ONLY IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS USED THIS SITE PLEAS AND THANK YOU:)

ashleystoner86

Asked by ashleystoner86 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know our community college offers online programs, look into that if you have a community college near by.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:04 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Check out your local Public TV station. Ours runs all the GED classes during the day and then again late at night. You could record them and then watch them later. The other place that gives FREE tutoring for your GED is through a program called Job Corps. Not only will Job Corps help you get the GED, but you can be a live in student at no cost, get a monthly income, and training in whatever type of job you desire. I used to place people in Job Corps. They also take women with children and have free day care. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:25 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Have you considered just going ahead and completing high school?

I know they say the GED is equal to your High School Diploma for everything except the military. However, I read a recent ariticle in Bloomberg Business Week in which they looked at average income based on education level. They found that those who had gotten there GED had an average income equivalent to that of high dropouts, not graduates as we are led to believe. So even though technically GED is the same as diploma, employers don't see it that way. I want to say thee annual income difference between a GED holder and High SChool graduate was around $500 per year. I don't remember the exact issue, I think it is one of the June issues.

You may want to look into that though. BTW I am 41 and just graduated with my diploma in June. I completed my diploma requirements before seeing the article just to prove to myself that I could.

Best of Luck whatever y
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010