• In the Spotlight:

woman who have or has had gestational diabetes

Well i am 28yrs old an 35wks pregnant I found out i have gestational diabetes i test daily an do not do any shots just some what of a diet i yet to have a high blood test however i just found out my lil peanut is not growing that well she is measuring 32wks an i am worried the Dr. is not sure why but maybe cause my placenta is just getting tired he says that having GD can cause damage to placenta an babys heart i get NST's twice a week an now starting BBP's once a week well my Dr. wants to induce me at 38 week so 3 more wks an i am just so scared that what if something happens before then an the Dr. dos not catch it on time i just need someone who has had or heard of similar situations an if they had a good out come.PLEASE!! i just have not been having much confidence in my DR. lately I don't understand why they just dont take her out now i think she will do better out then in.

sonia_babee

Asked by sonia_babee at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Calm down, as long as you take care of yourself with the diabetes everything will be okay. I had it and my son came early and everything went fine. Don't stress out...try to relax. And if you are that worried get a second opinion from a different dr. :) Good luck girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• First answer is correct. Just take good care of yourself, eat properly, test your blood, and don't stress. I not only had gestational diabetes with my 2nd youngest, it turned into type1. I had full -blown Type 1 with my youngest who is now 13 years old and perfectly healthy. Don't stress. My son was born at 29 weeks gestation and weighed 2.lbs15oz. He was in NICU for 6 weeks, but he made it through, came home weighing 4lbs,12 oz. If you visit my homepage, you can see pics of both these children. They are perfectly healthy and normal. Honey, if you take good care of yourself, you and your baby should be just fine!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2008