Am I the only one tha feels that money is not going to solve the problems of our educatioal system ?

All the polititians and teachers and administrator all talk lkie money will solve the failures of a the school system . Registration fees , fundraisers , and most school supply list cover things for the teachers, Where does it all go ? Does anyone else feel llike throwing money at it has not done the trick ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I feel the same. Fundraiser piss me off...my son came home yesteray with one thinking he was going to get 1000.00 and a free trip to Floriday for the family. :( Ughh. Sorry off subject I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Our schools are so "broken" that throwing money is only going to prolongue the problems because it doesn't address the real issues. Our educational system has remained basically unchanged in 60+ years; our society has changed dramatically since then and schools/educators have definitely not kept pace to meet even the most basic of needs. Our school district is the richest in the state, has more money than anyone knows what to do with. Most people believe that means everything is A-OK . . . nothing could be farther from the truth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Money would go a long way toward solving the problems. If teachers were paid more (like all other college educated professionals) the pool of people who wanted to teach would be much bigger. Schools could be more selective and teachers could be held to higher standards. With more competition in the industry things would improve. If look at the states the pay teachers the most they have the best national test scores. More money would also mean smaller classes. Students could get more of the individual attention they need. China spends more than triple per student on education than we do.

Some money may be wasted but all the fundraising that irritates you so much helps your child's school provide them materials and activities they enjoy.  Without the extra money teachers wouldn't have any classroom supplies and field trips would be impossible. 

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I disagree. School is so important to our kids, and I will support my son's school in any way I can. Money included. School rocks!!!! Although, it can, and should improve. Always. This will never be a defenct issue, not matter what country you live in, no matter if it's a thousand years from now. School's will always need to be improved. And money will always be one of the many things that can help change them.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 9:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I live in NY, the bronx, and here...school sucks(teachers do and awsome job), my kids dont even have texts book, the teachers make copies from their book and pass it around......but people do not realize that......if you dont work, you are not helping the community with taxes, and no taxes means less money for education....and a hole lot of stuff, people living of the goverment is okay, but i have seen people that take advantage of the system, and have been recieving help for over 10 years, i mean come on, yes , people do hit rock bottom and need help, butttttt, take the help and use it wisely, you cant stay on it for ever, what are you teaching your kids?
    That is why we are alway talking about money and taxes.....
    epy108

Answer by epy108 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2008