A film to controversial for America?

How can that even be. We are one of the most controversial countries and a film can't make it here, because it show evolutionary thinking verses creation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6173399/Charles-Darwin-film-too-controversial-for-religious-America.html

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am really confused - this is the 3rd time I've seen this year old article surface. It uses out of context data to suggest the majority of Americans are creationists - they're not. If you look up the actual study in the article, 35% believe in evolution, 36% don't give a damn, and only 25% believe in creation. And more to the point, this movie WAS released in the US, back in January of this year, a few months after this article came out last year to try and drum up publicity for it. Is this going around as an email forward or on facebook or something?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• ok... Really.....What about THAT was worth voting down?? LOL...some of you are trifling :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Hahaha trifling momofo I think u have haters! Wasn't there a big post about people needing to learn to vote fairly and look how Wylie this is haha! I personally don't stand up for anyone in particular I just call it like I see it.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Now, let me understand all of this. Is the above statement from a particular study or research paper?

It's from the link you are practically breaking your back to ignore in the answer right before yours
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think they should allow it. If people dont want to watch it, they dont have to! I would be interested in seeing it
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is all about MONEY. They dont believe they can make enough on it here because of thehigh concentration of Christians. As a Christian, I for one dont care if they show it. How silly? I am not so insecure in my beliefs that a MOVIE will make me change my mind! :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Crap...meant to add that there isnt some entity saying this movie isn't "allowed" here. It's just not being picked up by distributors...

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian
    Varies Greatly From the World at Large

Analysis
    By Gary Langer
    ABCNEWS.com

July 18 — Ask Americans their religion and you'll get an earful — 50 individual answers in an ABCNEWS/Beliefnet poll, ranging from agnostics to Zen Buddhists. The vast majority, though, have something in common: Jesus Christ.

Religion in the U.S. vs. the World:
    United States World
    Christian 83% 33
    No religion 13 15
    All non-Christian religions 4 52

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I'm all confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Hollywood is stupid in what they consider "controversial". They released Passion of the Christ to theaters, despite the Crucifixion scene, but will not release Solomon Kane to theaters, and almost didn't release it to DVD because the main character gets crucified.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Religion in the U.S. vs. the World:
    United States World
    Christian 83% 33
    No religion 13 15
    All non-Christian religions 4 52

That is about average for most polls. Don't know where NP got her stats.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2010