How do I get motivated to start my diet and workouts regulary? any good tips

I know I want to start my diet, I purchased some slim fast, I have 2 great workout equipments at home, I just cant seem to get motivated to do it?? any tips or support comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Just do it. Once you start, you will get a routine going. Make a point of getting some exercise each day (preferably at the same time each day) and don't allow yourself to make an excuse to get out of it. Once you are in a routine, it is easier.
    KsMom12

Answer by KsMom12 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Oh, and I thought I'd mention...Do something fun. Don't like jogging? Try walking at the beach. Don't like weights? try Callanetics or Yoga. Try rollerskating or dancing. Just get moving :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• For me, motivation is an issue as well. Right now my biggest motivation is how I feel afterward, especially when I see some results...and wanting to live long enough to see my kids have their own kids. I have diabetes, and after 40 years of having relatively low blood pressure, I am having bp spikes. In the last 5 years we've learned that a heart disease runs in our family, as well as colon cancer and high cholesterol...luckily I have *that* one under control! So wanting to put the odds back in my favor is a motivator for me. You just have to find what it is you want bad enough to do what you gotta do, no matter what. Whether it's seeing your kids grow up or buying yourself new clothes or a trip to Bermuda. Find what works for you.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• put on brittney spears songs and think how skinny she is it gets me walkin around the block.lol
    Anonymous

• go to sparkpeople.com. i have been using that for just a week, but i have logged my food everyday, and i excercised 3 times this week. i cant even begin to tell you how long its been since ive done that! it has a "CM" mom feel to it, with out the bashing, and lots and lots of resources for people on any fitness level. (im over 200 ibs). i really recommend trying it. its free..im excited about it.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ive just gotten back into my routine of exercise as well. I am training my brain to say i am working on being a healthier me. I am eating only nature foods, staying away from processed junk. Staying away from diet foods, because they usually are loaded with chemicals, which bloat fat cells, and I start by walking after every meal. I have told myself that it will not be an overnight sensation, but in 1 month that I will be proud of myself. Its all retraining your brain and getting the endorphins jump started. lets chat more, could use a great partner to chat back and forth to support. Good Luck

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i find i can only get motivated if it's something i LIKE doing, instead of regular exersize i play the DDR game cause it's something i enjoy.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2008