im kind of freaking out!!!!!

so 2 days ago i got weighed at the drs, and i weighed 196.....
i weighed myself right now and was 206! how could i gain 10 pounds in 2 days??!!

i am freaking out. i started out at 180 with this pregancy and am 25 weeks now.... AND when i went into labor with my son i weighed 210... i am so scared to weigh ANY more than 210! i certainly do NOT feel like i weigh this much, and i dont think i look like it either..... and ideas on why this happened? i eat healthy and get out alot so i am not just sitting around all the time. i dont eat alot of salt i do drink alot of water...? ugh

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 12:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry about it at all. Your scale is probably not "zero-ed out" the same as the doctor's scale. It's not accurate to go by 2 different scales.

time of day can also affect weight readings by up to 2 lbs.

but if you're really worried, give them a call or go by tomorrow and say "please weigh me! my scale says I gained 10 lbs over the weekend!"
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Different scales read different numbers. The scale at my gym and my scale at home is almost a 7 pound difference! Dont worry too much, as long as you feel ok, thats what matters
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You have to remember that your weight will change a lot everyday due to lots of factors such as what you've eaten, how long ago you ate before weighing yourself, if you have gone to the restroom lately, and also what clothes you're wearing. I think you will be okay. Gl.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i would use another reliable scale and if you really have gained that much i would call my doctor.... :| poor you! i was in your boat with my first pregnancy - i weighed 180 too. i weighed 189 in the beginning of this pregnancy.. lost 5 to 7 lbs lol.. i weighed the same at the end of my first pregnancy too.. EEE weird
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's ok. With in that time I already gained 70lbs. Were you under weight before the pregnancy? If so your body is making up for that. That actually helps often. If not it could be water retention.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Different scales can give you different weights. My scale at home was consistently 6lbs less than the one at my midwifes office! I used my scale at home lol I even told her I wasnt using her scale!!!
    Also in my last pregnancy, I gained 10lbs overnight and it was from swelling. It was horrible and I was so shocked when I saw the scale!!!!! I was in a lot of pain, but after a few days it went down and I lost all 10lbs :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Think about it this way.... Baby is gaining weight, not you ;)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010