what to do about a 2 yr old who gets constipated easily

grandbaby is 2 yrs and 3 months old, is potty training, doing pretty good, accidents are fewer and fewer each day, but complains about tummy and

missu208

Asked by missu208 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yogurt helps my dd.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yep, NO dairy. lots of fruits and veggies (fiber) raw is better than cooked too, the fiber can get cooked out.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My son has been constipated and the DR. explained how apple juice is a bad idea.
    She said it contains "pectin" that is the stuff that holds jelly and jams together, it also holds your stools together.
    She said to go for grape and other "purple" juice like grape juice...so i went and got some grape, blueberry and then some pomergranite/eV8 splash juice and also some kool aide with "BENEFIBER" Crystals stirred into it.....both do wonders for constipation
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I meant to say pomergranite/blueberry V8 splash juice
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My son got through this by eating prunes. One day he grabbed the large 1 pound box and sat outside with our Dachshund, Charlie. He would eat on and give one to the dog. Well, both of them had the best bowel movements ever. That poor dog had to stay in the yard for the next 48 hours.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Little tummy's worked for my kids. Other than that it sounds like you got it all I can't think of any thing else.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Try giving her more juice than you are. Grapes clear my son out LOL
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Cranberry juice is really good. Keep in mind that she might need just to drink more liquids, dehydration might be a cause of constipation. So, maybe just giving more water can help too.
    LauraGug

Answer by LauraGug at 12:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yogurt (activia) I've used it on my daughter and it works
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• WAPPP = water apricots pear plums prunes

fruit 10 times better than juice. its the fiber and water that helps. also have her low squat to poo. either use a baby bjorn potty, or help her to stand squat on the toilet seat. it will help gravity and put everything in optimal alighnment.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010