I am 21 weeks preggo and not hungry at all. It takes everything I have just to eat a bite of food. I am not nauseated, I just feel really full all of the time. Is this normal?

I am forcing myself to eat but it is getting more and more difficult by the day.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have the exact same problem...but I'm only 11 weeks. I just DON'T get hungry...ever. I have dropped 15 lbs in three weeks. My pediatrician told me that so long as I take my prenatals and eat at LEAST five healthy, small meals a day, I should be fine and the baby will thrive. I usually eat an orange or some fruit in the morning, a half sandwich for brunch, a salad for lunch, and a piece of fish or a sandwich for dinner.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• being bloated is a part of pregnancy and i think has alot to do with hormones. What works best is to eat smaller meals more frequently.. you must eat to ensure your baby is getting the right nutrients it needs to grow and develope so weither you feel hungery or not doesnt mean the baby deosnt need it.. If you eat smaller meals more times a day instead of 3 or 4 big ones it helps to relieve the "full all day" feeling and also helsp to ensure baby is getting what it needs. Cut down also on breads and starches which may leave you feeling overly full ( eat them in moderation) and eat more healthful foods such as fruits and veggies. Dont forget to take your prenantal vitamin and drink plenty of H2O.
    fatima_reed23

Answer by fatima_reed23 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It is normal I was the same way and I just forced myself to eat anyways even though I felt like I would explode, LOL!! As long as you eat a lot of very small meals that are healthy throughout the day and every once in awhile force yourself to eat a full meal with meat veggies and potatoes then you should be ok and so should baby but m,ake sure to take your prenatal vitamins just to be sure baby is getting his/her needs met.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 2:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Well, I was hungry throughout my entire pregnancy, but I did have that full feeling up above my stomach all the time. It was gas. Pregnancy just causes a lot of it. There are probably ways to get rid of it, like, as the pps said, smaller more frequent meals. My doctor told me to take Gas-x, which I did and it made me feel soo much worse. Maybe try some peppermint tea. It works wonders on a gassy stomach and it's perfectly safe during pregnancy.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008