Mary land synagogue vandilized with hate?

The vandalism discovered Monday morning at B'nai Shalom Synagogue in Olney, located about 20 miles north of Washington, D.C., was spray-painted on the building's walls, parking lot and light posts, the Washington Post reported.

The anti-Semitic phrases included "Juden raus," German for "Jews out" and used by the Nazis; "work will set u free," which was written on the sign over the Auschwitz death camp; and "Death 2 Zionists."

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/07/27/2740236/maryland-synagogue-vandalized

Hate is still among America. How can we stop it?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• White supremist groups are like any other gang, they round up teens and brainwash them make them feel they are a part of something...They are you and impressionable and get into the wrong crap....and this is the result..some leave the lifestyle some stay in it. Very disturbing

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think education is the key. Informing people of the history of the Nazi's as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It is true that young,naive and ignorant teens are pulled into groups...they feel secure belonging to a group and they will believe the groups' ideas about life. White Supremicists are recruiting people who feel lost and adrift and the group gives them strength,unfortunately. Many adults feel the same....lost and angry and uneducated people will fall for the White Supremicists' ranting.
    We need to reach the young kids....THEY NEED EDUCATION and to hear the truth about Hitler and the Concentration camps and they also need to be shown that prejudice against any races and religions is so wrong and destructive.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't know, but it exists here as well. It is everywhere. Why can't we all just get along?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think the only way to get along is to be in prayer and never forget the power of forgiveness. Hate crimes make me sick! The beauty of the United States is we are all free to practice the Faith we choose. We also are an amazing country because 90% of the time people leave others alone to practice their Faith.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is AWFUL! I hope they catch those involved!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• For sure sweet

This is terrible..maybe if those involved could go back in time and be Jews in nazi Germany...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is disgusting...

Please show me where people said vandalizing any religious institute "were just kids having fun"....
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The KKK is also against Catholics. I have heard my mom and Natesmom tell of a friend of theirs getting a Cross burned in their yard when they were young.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• DH's grandmother's aunts and uncles and cousins died in the Holocaust. I had more distant relatives killed as well. We are getting passports for all our kids b/c DH says we'd be naive to believe it couldn't happen again.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010