Can heartburn be a symptom that I'm about to go into labor?

I will be 38 weeks pregnant on Tuesday, and I have had little to no heartburn or anything the entire pregnancy. In the last hour or so, I've been noticing this quite intense heartburn/acid reflux feeling. My belly is a little tight here and there, but nothing too intense yet. She also is usually moving alot around this time, and she's calm. She was moving around alot about three hours ago, and now I can feel her in there every once in a while..but the movement has definitley slowed down. Could I be in the beginning stages of labor?

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ive never heard of that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• ???
    Graicysmom10

Comment by Graicysmom10 (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I haven't heard of that either.

actually my heartburn disappeared before labor because of baby dropping and giving my stomach room
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Just wondering because my body is just acting so different today. Thank you girls! :)
    Graicysmom10

Comment by Graicysmom10 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Try eating some Ice cream. Bland old vanilla. If it is heart burn it will help, and it can help get the baby moving. It had heart burn going into labor with my third. It can be a sign. However in any event you want to get the baby moving. 10 counts in a hr. The ice cream is cold and should help with that. Pay attention to the tightening those can be contractions. Mine were all like that in the beginning. If the do turn out to get more intense then time them. If not then it could be the baby getting into position. Good Luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's possible that the baby is resting on your esophogus (sp?) or laying on your tummy which might be pushing stomach acid up your esophogus???
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have a friend who was 38 weeks pregnant last week and went out to eat Mexican. When she got home she thought she had heartburn from the food but it did not go away. After dealing with it all night she went to the hospital and she was in labor.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010