Is it true?

Is it true that since my husband left me for another woman that it will be hard for someone else to want to be able to date me? I was told that it would turn men off since he did that.

kimmy1963

Asked by kimmy1963 at 1:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• doubtful. i've thought twice about dating someone who recently was dumped or left behind but it did not affect my decision on dating the person - unless i found something ugly out

if you are stable
    not into drugs or stealing
    or anything else weird ur ex should not affect your dating now
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with Momofu... If anything it will make people not want to date HIM.
    You should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• NO...when you go out on dates though leave your baggage behind for a future future date. men and women don't want someone who is still hurting or working through something.
    You are PERFECT! Your ex is the broken down smuck who doesn't deserve anyone!
    You will make it and find someone a million times better who won't be a cheat.
    If you ever need to talk I'm here.
    Sorry you're going through this right now. You will have fun dating again ;)
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 1:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The only thing that could prevent someone from dating you is if you are projecting a sense of low self esteem. It might take some time for you to get past this and feel ready to date others while you heal.

My husband's ex wife dumped him for another man. This had absolutely no affect on the way I felt about him. In fact, I think she's the one who is flawed for leaving such a wonderful man. That she is incapable of embracing and appreciating someone like him. Others will no doubt feel the same about you.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• no, that's just plain silly!

I personally wouldn't date a man who left his wife for another woman, "once a cheater, always a cheater" in my book.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No way!!! I think you need to heal and give yourself time before you jump into the dating game again..... Surround yourself with friends, love always seem to come when you least expect it!! GL!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, girl go out and enjoy yourself. Unless its a serious relationship don't tell them
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• no way! And your Mr Right will be be happy he did so he can scoop you up!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No who ever told you that is just being mean.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think it depends on your attitude towards what happened. If you're always talking about it and being bitter when it's brought up then it might turn a new person off. Just don't bring your issues with your ex into your new relationship.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 8:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010