Adult Content=Offensive???

We're all moms on here. Whether you're a teen mom or an adult, we've all had sex. We all get or have had a period. Who honestly gets offended by this stuff? I can see if a person is going into the nitty gritty details of things, but I haven't seen anyone do that yet and they still flag their questions. Thoughts?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 1:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• no one can get offended if there is a warning before you open the question. it helps weeding questions out for people
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have no idea... I don't think anything on here has ever really offended me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think with SOME subjects there could be problems like abortion or rape but I think if people talk about sex or periods or stuff like that then yeah I agree with you, it's not offensive if it's something that we all do and are just bringing up.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• SleepingBeautee - I haven't seen anything in the questions that has yet but on a post some girl was saying that all babies that die before they are born are reject babies that God screwed up and I found that HORRIBLY OFFENSIVE! So people can be pretty harsh or graphic!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 1:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• From what I have seen it's more of a "I am not really interested in knowing" kind of attitude. By the your same logic it doesn't make sense for there to be a profanity filter, after all we have all heard and seen those words. It's just better to have the option to know ahead of time.

The other thing to keep in mind, it isn't just "moms" reading these questions. This is a public section and it's open to anyone to view. So having the flag is just good internet etiquette.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh my goodness teardrop! Yes, what that girl said is EXTREMELY insensitive and offensive! They should make a psycho-b!tch flag for ppl like her!
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with you but there are people who are more prudish.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I THANK CAFEMOM TEAM NEEDS TO KEEP THERE NOSE OUT OF OUR THOUGHT AND QESTION AND OUR STORYS AND OTHER STUFF ! HELL WE ALL ADULTS HERE AND WE ALL LIKE TO SPEACK OUR MINDS TOO ! THEY NEED TO LEAVE USE ALONE ! ! SORRY IF ANY WORD ARE MISS SPELLED !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• someone link me!!!! i wanna seee this
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That's a good point, Liansmommie. I forgot about this part being a public section lol
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010