Neither Marry nor Are Given in Marriage

Jesus said, “For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven” (Matt 22:30). Many believe that since there is neither marriage nor given in marriage in heaven, there will not be any husband and wife relationship in heaven. Have we misunderstood this biblical text? Or do you believe that you will no longer be married to your hubby in Heaven

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think so because you will be worshiping God u won't have time for your husband.lol
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:11 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think so. Greatly. Especially because then you would also not have time for your children, and if the rapture is true then the two don't support each other. So it would make at lest one of Christian beliefs completely idiotic.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• totally not my belief system but the way my FIL who's a preacher explained it to me is this
    When you die and are in heaven, it's like you're married to god/jesus. You will have no need for a marriage in the mortal sense. Sure you may see your dead husband but it will be a friendship only type of relationship.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• as heaven was explained to be earthly needs and relations will fall away and all that will be important is the relationship between the soul and its maker
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I really don't know what Heaven is like, so I have to wait and see. I don't think our relationships are like they are here on earth.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Once we become a believer, we are brothers & sisters in Christ. We become joint heirs with Jesus that is, his brothers & sisters, with God as our father. Because of this, we will not be married to anyone.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• In spirit rather than flesh, and in the presence of God there will be no more need for marriage. That's not to say we won't remember our husbands. Rather, we will have a love for one another that is not bound or limited by earthly roles.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• NO ONE knows what it's like to be in heaven nor what happens when and if you get there. Best thing, just enjoy your life with your husband on this earthbound plane and let the cards fall where they may. The bible offers no guarantees of what will happen to us because if it did, where is God's stamp of approval with his signature?
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No we wont be but we will be married to Christ.... We are the bride of Christ. It speaks of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in the book of Revelation. This speaks of our Spirit.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Makes me wonder what it means when I say "I married my SOUL mate."
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010