Will laying upside down after sex increase my chances of pregnancy?

iv heard laying down or upside down allows the sperm to swim up further to where they need to go i guess lol. kinda like in a episode of rosanne lol. my boyfrien and i are kind of trying without trying. and i think i might be pregnant now but im too afraid to be excited and check just to be let down. im on track to having 7 of the 18 signs so..we will see. i always clean myself out right after, not usually laydown so am i ruining the chances by doing that?

KaylaBrianne14

Asked by KaylaBrianne14 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is true but its not that it helps them swim faster is so it doesnt leak out. Yes wiping your self right after can affect your chances but that doesnt mean they aren't already in you swimming when you do wipe.

josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've heard it is good to elevate your hips, put a pillow under your hip afterwards
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've only heard that from grandmothers. It might be an old tale... You can try though!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• hey gravity may help the little guys along, worth a shot! (no pun intended!)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010