this is going to sound stupid but...

I'm so one of those people that gets socially awkward... and I'm going to get my nails filled tomorrow and want to get a hot pink strip added to my french tips. What is that called, if anything, and should I ask about it up front?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 2:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• high five for bing socially awkward!

i would just ask. up front...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• YES LET THEM KNOW UP FRONT
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• lol honey, thats not a bad question! it's not cheap to get your nails done(if ya lived by me I would do em for ya, I do mine)...anyways, tell them as soon as you sit what you want, if its a language barrier issue(example they nod smile and seem to not really understand lol) be clear. You are paying for what YOU want, and if they mess it up, tell them. I dont think it has a particular name but they may charge you for a "special " design.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• just tell them at the beginning and they should do it.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• let them know in the beginning because they will need to know to add it to your bill, and add it into your time slot, so (even though it will only take an extra 5 minutes tops), they will want to make sure they are aware of it so they can time your manicure properly.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Just let them know in the beginning
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 7:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i've heard them called american manicures at some salons (technically a french manicure they only cover the pinkish part of the nail with polish and leave the tips plain and in an american they paint the tips white or whatever other color you choose)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Just tell them exactly what you told us
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010