have you ever heard of a yeast infection

my grandson is 3 . he has a really bad rash on his legs and on his butt. my daughter felt he wasnt ready to potty train. he really didnt seem interested, if you tried hed fight you. in other words it was a battle.we now have him in underwear . weve been giving him cool baths putting corn starch as well as ad ointment on him . all day hes been running around the house bottomless. we dont know what else to do.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 3:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• Oat meal bath. If it is a yeast infection go get the over the counter meds.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• he may need a prescription. call the doctor, BUT what has worlked for many moms I know is this...the Lotrimin(spelling is off sorry) like for athletes feet, or also reg yeast infection cream. Bu if it were my son(and mine is 15 months) I would call the doc to be sure. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:09 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• sounds like a yeast infection. the pedi but int eh meantime get some monistat cream and rub it on the infected areas
    Jamie1972

Answer by Jamie1972 at 3:12 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You need to take him to the doctor and the doc will prescribe meds to relieve the itching and pain, A yeast infection is horribly uncomfortable at any age, and needs to be treated ASAP,
    autxmom

Answer by autxmom at 3:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• put miconazole on him...its what i use on my daughter...it works miracles
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my son is a little over a year but I have heard of yeast infection for boys. I'd take him to the doctor just to make sure and get some medication for him, if yeast infections are uncomfortable for us imagine for a child.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ask the doc, but yogurt or pro-biotics help my kids with regular diaper rash.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010