need an idea for a memorial for my mom?

aug 25th will be 4 yrs she's been gone. I have a 15 month old(that of course never met her) and a 15 yr old, who loved her as I did-madly- so i am looking for a good idea for something to do on that day. I have heard of people writing letters and tying them to a balloon, things like that...thats what I am looking for...
thanks for any input..
had no clue where to put this....

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 3:05 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Jenni, I think that you should bake a cake and celebrate the fact that she loved you so much. Break out the pics of her and show Li-Li. I love ya girl.
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I don't know if you have many photos of her throughout her life, but I've done memorial videos, for my family members and friends, with their pictures and I play them in time with their favorite songs, or songs that remind us of the lost loved ones. It's a great way to remember and makes a great keepsake too. And it's so special to all involved! Good luck and I'm so sorry for your loss. Just remember to make it a day of celebration, to celebrate her life, not to mourn your loss! That's the most important thing, IMO,
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 3:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think the balloon idea is sweet. What if you do that, and then take the kids to eat at your mom's favorite restaurant? Make it a special day dedicated to her. Take them on a tour of some of her favorite places, look at pictures, and let the kids pick flowers for her? It will give the kids a chance to learn more about her, and it will feel like she's right there with you. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sure that no matter what you decide to do, it will be a special day.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We do the balloon and cake and ice cream for my son every year even though he isn't here. You can go visit ran down graves and pretty them up a lil just as a show of remembrance to the deceased plus the kids could help with that. You could dedicate things to her name like a brick at a new building that they engrave or something. Any way you chose todo it, no matter how grand or small is gonna be special because you do it out of love for a great person that you are sad to be without and she will love whatever you do!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 3:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sorry for the loss of your mom I lost my mom in 2004( i still miss her terribly),IDK if you are interested in gardening or have the space but creating a place with her favorite flowers and a bench or small angel statue (or her favorite animal my moms favorite was frogs) is a neat way to remember her and have a place where you can talk to her.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:28 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Was there some favorite thing she liked to do. Like swim in the lake, take a long walk, go to a favorite restaurant for lunch? I would recreate that with my children. And the balloon idea is sweet.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• lol ty mamas! I cant pick a fave answer, because they were all wonderful...this is why this section works...moms heping moms....
    ty ty ty from the bottom of my heart.
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010