2 positive pregnacy tests

I took 2 pregnancy tests yesterday and both came out positive. Now tonight I am experiencing some bleeding. With my 1st child I did not bleed so I was wondering if the tests could be wrong or if this is normal or abnormal. Please help.

mommy0825

Asked by mommy0825 at 3:05 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • ok mama, take a deep breath ok? just relax...put your feet up, relax...It depends on the type of bleeding, it could unfortunantly be a miscar. or lets hope implantation!...either way at this time of night, you can only relax and hope for the best, and in the morning call the doctor.
    best of luck...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I totally agree calm down and relax. See your doctor in the morning I would do a walk in.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• calm down. it could be anything go see your dr . try not to worry. good luck
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree. I hope things work out good luck. Stay off your feet and call your doc, ASAp.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well there are many things that can cause early pregnancy bleeding.... the main one is sex. Have you had sex recently? (you do not have to answer here just to think about it) Pregnancy causes your cervix to swell and become more susceptible to bleeding. If so feet up, rest up, and call your provider in the morning.

It could be a M/C... I say if you are having moderate amount of pain heavy bleeding and passing clots... maybe go to the ER if you have not experienced a M/C before.

If you are having severe pain, heavy or light bleeding, weakness, or a sharp feeling in your left shoulder get to an ER right away. Those are signs of an ectopic pregnancy which may be life threatening.

Listen to your body, if you feel anything is seriously wrong go to the ER... better safe than sorry always! Good Luck and I hope this is just minor cervical irritation and you have a happy healthy 9 months!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Also I am NOT saying this to make you feel dumb or anything... but because some people lose common sense in a scary moment I feel I need to say this to feel I covered all bases. I hope you understand.... Here it goes DO NOT drive yourself to the hospital..... have your SO, mom, neighbor, etc drive you. And if you are feeling the pain I mentioned in your left shoulder I would say call an ambulance.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• if it's not bright red and accompanied by clots and abdominal pain I think you'll be fine. I've had bleeding for most of this pregnancy I am not almost 34 weeks pregnant, my doctor said it's old blood that was between my uterus and placenta and just making its way out. make a doctors appointment. Good luck.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Just calm down and relax sweetie. It can be normal in early pregnancy. The best thing you can do is to breathe and not get to stressed because that can be worse for the baby. Call your Doctor and keep us posted. Best of Luck Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010