Dental office employees-Totally random questions LOL

Random thoughts but how do you know for sure your office is following procedures for health safety. You see these things about places reusing needles etc. So I have some crazy questions but I mean they are real things to think about.

For example I got a temp put on and someone came by and was looking for that gun thing. Its' the stainless steal one that holds the "glue." Well I mean when they put that in my mouth in rubbed on my lip. I was like did they just use this one someone else ? Are you suppose to whip out a new *glue* gun each patient you are putting temp crowns on ?

Also for xrays they put the bite wings in and then go touch the button to take the xray. So now your saliva in on the button and they do this over and over again. So now the next patient they get in ( even though they are wearing new gloves) they are going to contaminate by touching the button after touching their mouth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• There is a strong chemical we wipe the guns down with and the tips are new per person but that would be a waste of money for a new gun. That "glue" like stuff gets pushed through the tip and you never get the very first stuff to come out.
    As for the bitewings, they are cleaned in an ultra sonic after every use so offices have multiple sets.
    Everything gets cleaned over and over through out the day, even if it doesn't get used but set in the wrong place it gets cleaned.
    If an office has dirty practice than everyone working knows about it.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 9:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2010