My 28 month old daughter is starting to stutter but only when she says the letter "W". Is this normal? What can I do about it?

She is asking us questions ie "What are you doing?" But the "what" is like "wwwwwwwwhat". How do we help her? Should I call the doctor?

kelley_gonzalez

Asked by kelley_gonzalez at 2:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, at her 2 yr. you should have discussed her speech. your pede can give you a referral to speech therapy, if she deems it appropriate
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It could also just be a stage she is going thru. But i would still check with the doctor. My dd is 30 months and talks in jebberish every now and then. Mostly when she gets really excited and talks fast the she can say the words. kinda funny.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 12:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008