my 10 yr old daughter just got diagnosed with Bell's Palsy anyone else been down the same road

Mrs.Stolzee

Asked by Mrs.Stolzee at 2:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Isn't that where half of your face goes paralyzed? My friend had that but it was temporary after she had given birth. I don't know much about it really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have a friend who has it. It's only happend to her a few times and never lasts longer than a week.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have a friend who has it. It only happens occassionally. She really has no trouble with it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My daughter had it a couple of years ago, she is 8 now. she had it for about a week or so. then it went away. Half of her face was paralyzed.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sorry, I don't really know much about but if ur having trouble dealing w/ it, maybe try 2 find a support group w/ other parents. They can be a source of support as well as giving u more info.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I had it and my first husband had it. It sort of sucks Mine was pretty painful. He didn't mention his hurting him. We both have a bit of a droopy eye. We notice it but others don't seem to notice it. How long has she had it? I read that symptoms go away before six weeks. If they last longer than that then it's possible the symptom won't go away. I got to wear an eye patch though. That was pretty cool. Of course I jabbed myself in the face with my fork while eating bc my mouth didn't open but I didn't hurt myself. It was just embarrassing. i still have pix. I wouldn't /couldn't smile without it looking funny so I have a very solemn look in the pix which is not like me at all!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My husband had this right after we went thru hurricane Katrina., It was horrible. We hadnt ever heard of so I thought oh no hes having a stroke., But yeah it is painful and to this day he still has problems with his eye and the nerves in his face...
    kickersheart

Answer by kickersheart at 8:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008