Why does Yoplait require you to mail in lids?

Okay, i just clicked on the pink "awareness" button and I've always wondering why Yoplait makes people mail the lids in???????? Why can't they just go ahead and donate money? Think about how much money would be saved by postage, and envelopes. It's just annoying to me that they act like people have mail in the lids the money to donate appear, but really they could just give without all this hassle..........

I don't really support the Susan G Komen foundation anyway though since some of the money raised goes to abortion clinics (google it if you've never heard of it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you here. I am all for supporting ANY cancer research, but why must we mail them in? I was wondering this same question earlier!
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 2:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Does any one know what they do with the money they collect for research? They research drugs that they can turn around and sell people at an extremely high cost. When you donate to these 'charities", your actually just giving drug companies free money to make money on. Why not see where you can volunteer some of your time helping people, or donating food to food banks instead?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My assumption is they do the pink lids so those who support cancer research will BUY the product so you can send in the lids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have always guessed that they recycle the aluminum. Not much aluminum, but it could bring in some extra money in large quantities. Like the Ronald McDonald house collects can tabs. I'm sure that it also moves more product too.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I know this is going to sound bad, but I'm very sick of Susan G. Komen this and that! Give some other charities a chance, will ya???
    Anonymous