My One year old son doesnt walk yet is that normal??

I have a son who seems like he wants to walk but hasnt for the past maybe two months. i have a cuzn who also gave birth the day before i did and her baby walks but mine wont. Am i doing something wrong? Im a first time mommie i just wanna know what i should do. Ive already tried walking him but he doesnt seem to do it. and also does anyone know any recipes i can have for my son to feed rather then buying it from the stores with other chemical things in there.

MomiOn07

Asked by MomiOn07 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do not rush and do not force. ;)

Some kids start walking early and some later. My mommy-friends son started walking at 12months, another friends daughter started walking at 9months. And our daughter started walking last week - she just turned 15months today ;)

Thats what we did:
    - we walked her on both hands
    - we walked her on one hand
    - we let her walk back and forth (mommy to daddy - daddy to mommy), only a few steps
    ... last week she just started to walk and now we cant stop her anymore :)

About the recipes, i can give you two nice stew recipes. Other than that, you can just cook healthy food. Cook whatever you feel like it. If he cant chew it good enough yet, then just put it in the blender to make it mushy/soft for him. Thats what I did with my girl, coz I love to cook :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Every child develops at a different pace. Comparing your child's accomplishments to another isn't fair to you or your baby, it will only make you feel like you are doing a bad job when you really aren't. He will walk when he's ready.
    That being said, my son didn't walk until he was over a year old even though he had been standing and walking while holding on to things for months. If he is a bigger baby then that will most likely have a small affect on his physical accomplishments.
    Any fruit or veggie mashed up works great when substituting it for baby food, you can also try making mashed potatoes, which is nice because you can control the amount of salt you put in.
    KCD

Answer by KCD at 2:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Every child starts at there own pace, there not racing eachother you know lol;] There all different so dont worry you're not doing anything wrong, my son started walking at 14 months! and I had relatives telling me it was my fault he started late, that I should of taught him early, and now that one of them relatives had a baby, the baby started walking at 15 months! and now they say oh its cause there all different, and I think to myself well duh thats what I tried telling you from the very beginning. Usually girls learn quicker than boys, well most of the time, thats what i've heard because I dont have a girl yet.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• doctors usually say the latest they start (and that's starting not accomplished) is 13-14 monthes around there. but i had a friend her son didn't walk till 15 months and he's almost 4 now and perfect. It has nothing to do with u. just let ur baby go with the flow!
    wicccanderelict

Answer by wicccanderelict at 3:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Don't stress, its all normal. Babies develop and grow on their own time. If they are not ready- its not going to happen. Give it a little more time, he'll start walking before you know it. Boys do develop slower than girls. Don't push it or force it, its not going to happen anyways so don't bother.. when he's ready he'll be up on 2's and causing a tornado through your house, lucky you, its not quite time to chase him around in circles, and take things away that he'll put in his mouth. You'll be suprised some of the things my daughter comes up with to put in her mouth. My daughter started walking at 12 months, so don't worry about it. Take a deep breath
    MeganMack

Answer by MeganMack at 7:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008