Is it safe to eat Subway while prego?

I have had 2 different docs give me different answers. Did anyone else eat Subway while prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I LIVED on subway when I was pregnant. My doctor said just have whatever sandwich you get toasted. That will kill any bacteria that may be on the deli meats. BTW my baby was born perfectly normal and healthy and I was never sick.. SO, with that said.. Eat Fresh :)
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 2:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• we dont have subway, but even if, i wouldnt eat it.. just because of the fact that i do not eat junk-fast-food at all and i dont like wasting 5bucks for a sandwich that i could get at home for only 2 ;)

other than that. there shouldnt be anything wrong with eating that stuff... as long as you dont eat any raw meats or too much egg youre fine. :)

enjoy your meal :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would eat subway often, when I was prego, and my son came out healthy:) The one I would eat was the seafood and crab subway sandwich it was my favorite! not knowing it could of been dangerous because later on that year after I had my son I noticed that they stopped serving that particular sandwich because some person had died from it! Thank God, nothing happened to me and my baby!
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i eat alot of subway i dont eat meat often on them tho if you do i would get the meat warmed up to steaming hot thats what my midwife told me to do to prevent getting listeria.
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 3:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was goin to say to just get it toasted. It's bacteria that can be in deli meats right? All i know is that deli meats and hot dogs should be to a certin temp. so toastin it should be good enough i had non toasted subs w/ my first and hes fine.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i ate it everyday with my first i was so addicted to it lol butthis is the first time i heard that you should toast it ... idk tho ask your dr maybe
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• SUBWAY all the way!!!! That is like my number 1 craving right now. I make sure to have it toasted, though. As long as the lunch meat is heated you should be safe. When I was pregnant with my first daughter 3 years ago, I didn't know about the while lunchmeat thing, (dumb army doctors). BUT She was fine. With this baby I am being safe rather than sorry, though.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I love subway. The chances of you getting food poisoning from lunch meat are very slim, especially at a restaurant that has to keep its food fresh. They probably prep new stuff every day or at least every other day. Eat up! Quiznos is yummy too =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You're not supposed to eat deli meat due to possible bacteria, but you can eat the chicken.
    Anonymous