What should I do if my son pernounces a word wrong and it sounds like a bad word?

My son is 2 and he's not quite got the S sound down. He like the movie Lilo and Stitch but when he asks me to put it on he says Lilo and B****..... I try to correct him and i don't want to confuse him and say not to say something when he thinks he's saying stitch..... everyone gives me this look and says what did he say?? I'm lost on this one.

wicccanderelict

Asked by wicccanderelict at 3:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• Just keep repeating the phrase to him, when he asks to watch it repeat it, "Yes, we can watch Lilo and stitch" Make sure you announciate the S when you say it, he'll catch on soon enough
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 4:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It happens, my older dd called her pants britches when she was little and it too sounded like b****es. Trying to correct is all you can do with him. People have to understand kids say things that are misunderstood all the time. There are a lot of words kids say that only their parents really understand.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• my 3 yr old son loves to say the phrase "OH SHIT" ! and some people think he's saying ocean, so i guess there's nothing wrong with it, lol.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My son is 2 and also and when he says "stick" it sounds like he's saying dick. lol people really look at me weird when he says "I want that Dick!" I'm guessing he will grow out of it, I tell him he can have the stick when he can say the word starting with an S lol
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• haha lmao, my friends daugter couldnt pronouce L. One day at the barber shop, full of male marines, her daughter saw a lot of Cocks and Fags. she meant clocks and flags. It was hilarious
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 5:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Its not "pernounces", its "pronounces".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Don't worry about it, he'll figure it out eventually. My 2 1/2 yo tries to say truck and ot comes out f**k
    and I try not to laugh . . . When she mispronounces a word, I say it back to her and sort of exaggerate the sound so that she can see the way my mouth moves to make that sound.
    supercrafty

Answer by supercrafty at 6:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My oldest one couldn't pronounce his k's when he was little, he replace his k's with t's. I remember one time I was at the bank with my friend (her name was Kitty and my son started yelling Titty trying to get her attention, the whole bank was looking at us and all I could do was laugh.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• my 2 1/2 daughter could not pronounce the word "hungry" so whenever she is hungry....she would say...mommy am horny or my belly is horny out loud! its so hard not to laugh at time.
    MommyDores

Answer by MommyDores at 7:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• OMG, I am laughing so hard reading all these answers! Kids are so cute, and while it is a bit embarrassing now, it makes for good conversation someday when they are teenagers ;)

My daughter says coffee backwards..... So whenever we go into the gas station to get coffee for my mom, she yells "Grandmom's Fuc*-ee??" Yeah. The first time or two this happened I got a bit red in the face, but after that I would just say back to her, "Yup, this is Grandmom's coffee... Should be bring it to her?" or something along those lines. Most people just get a good chuckle out of it anyway. I know I do! LoL
    RadicalMidwife

Answer by RadicalMidwife at 8:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2008