sick baby

my 11 month old has had a cold for a few days now it hasn't seemed to bother him but his nose get so runny and stuffy. and his cough is getting worse. I can't get him in till monday. If the cough gets worse or he gets a fever then i'll bring him to urgent care. dose anyone know anything i can do to help till then?

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Put a vaporizer in his room - a cool mist one. Squirt saline solution in his nose - it thins the mucus - and lots of fluids. I give my little guy Tylenol sometimes too in case he has a sore throat. Take him to urgent care if the fever gets around the 102* mark and Tylenol won't bring it down. Sorry, colds are miserable for parents and baby.
    newmama062707

Answer by newmama062707 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• go turn the shower in as hot as it will go. then sit in the bathroom with him so his face can be in the steam. my kids love it and usually fall asleep really good for a few hours. give him lots of fluids (avoid apple juice since it may cause diarreha... and milk since it thickens throat mucus)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2008