Making love no longer the same

The husband and I love eachother deeply. We have been married for almost 3 years. But making love has gotten to be a job. I lost desire... and even if I try spicing things up...it doesn't work. He likes it dirty. And I like it meaningful. I like to be treated as a woman not a hooker. I'm afraid I am less attracted to him because he's just tired and grumpy all the time.

sockmonkey

Asked by sockmonkey at 3:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Hmmm. TMI WARNING. I guess I think you can have all worlds. Sex doesn’t have to be the same all the time, anymore than it has to be the same meaning. Sometimes it’s slow and intimate, sometimes it’s a hunger. Although one of the best parts of our relationship has always been sex, after my son died, I wasn’t really feeling, well – anything. But, low and behold – just last month, I picked him up from work in a dress without panties and asked him to drive me up into the woods and find a nice log to lean over (a very ‘dirty’ thought that hadn’t ever even crossed my mind). He never would have really thought such a thing would come from me – but he loved that it did. Truly, the sex wasn’t that great, more than a little uncomfortable and quick -- but I’m very pleased to have done it.
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 6:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Why don't you try to compromise. Mix it up a little. He may be a little aggravated but, I think you are too.Making Love and having sex is what you make it as a couple. Who knows you might like it, or maybe not. What you do with your husband is between you 2, and if you want to mix a little making love with a having a little dirty fun, who cares. You never know until you try.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008