Ovulation

So, Im trying to conceieve, but i have a VERY small window to work with. I have 2 weeks with my man, but the time of ovulation is off...so im wondering if its advisable/safe/a (hopefully) good idea to maybe take the pill to "re-time" my cycles and make ovulation happen while i get to see him? Were trying so hard...anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My little sister didn't like when her period fell, so she could change it. She saw her doctor first and okayed the change though. I would suggest asking your doctor.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• There is no telling if the pill will really help you like you want it to, but you could ask your doctor about it. I don't know how long you have before he is home but I would def make sure the pill is completely out of your system before then, because for some people it can take quite a while.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• that most likely won't help...bc the birth control would still be in your system....using the pill would be more for scheduling your period....not ovulation! bc birth control is meant to prevent pregnancy.
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• hmmm.... it seems to me that once the pill is out of your system your body goes back to its normal cycle again... do you only have those 2 weeks and then he'll be gone for like a year or something or do you get to see him again next cycle?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would not advise getting on the pill I could suggest trying to count back 14 days from your last menstrual period to see when you last ovulated. If not you can always pick up an ovulation kit to figure out when you are getting ready to ovulate and go from there....an opk would also help if your cycles are irregular and you cant count back.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 2:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010