ear infection

Last Monday my ten month old was treated for an ear infection in her left ear. After a day of medicine she was back to herself... eating fully, laughing, and best of all sleeping through the night. On Friday she began to become fussy again. She is pulling at her right ear, has a runny nose, and not eating too much. Once again she has been constantly up throughout the night again. Could she have developed another ear infection in her other ear while being treated for her left ear???

Mameech1

Asked by Mameech1 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• She could have, but it might also be teething.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well, not likely. If she's being given antibiotics, then no. It could just be teething.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Worth a phone call. My son had one ear infection after another when he was little. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'd call the Dr. but it could be teething. My kids pulled at the ear while teething. Even if its a double ear infection the medicine should be helping that. good luck
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 7:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If she is on anti biotics then it probably isnt another ear infection. IT could be teething or a cold.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not all ear infections are Antibiotic curable. The docs don't check for that. And, they just give the antibiotics to make mom feel better. Most infections will go away on their own with no meds. If you nurse, put some milk in her ear.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would bet that she is teething.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My DD had issues with ear infections. The antibiotic wouldn't get rid of the infection fully. She would start acting normal for severeal days then start getting fussy. I would take her back in and they would put her on a different kind of meds. Did that for a few months before I insisted on getting a refferel to an ENT and she ended up getting tubes.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010