Who has.....

fed their baby solids/rice cereal before the 4-6 months grace period? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not me, because I know better.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i did my sons doc told me to give it to him it would help him sleep since he has alot of problems and dose not sleep well at night
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 8:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not me, because their stomachs aren't ready for it.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Then this question does not pertain to you!!!! lol!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I didnt. I didnt start giving it to her until the doctor told me it was okay.
    NewMommy0414

Answer by NewMommy0414 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well, I know this wasn't me, but my sister started giving her Dd cereal in a bottle at three months old. Her Dd wouldn't sleep at night, and that's what she did to fix it not sure if she had doctors permission.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• All my kids got solids way before 4 months.. I Started my oldest daughter on Cereal when she was 6 weeks old, my middle when she was 4 weeks old and my youngest when she was 2 months.. Every child is different.. And all my kids started fruits when they were around 2-3 months of age. I think its fine! We are the parents and my kids are fine and healthy and I never had a problem with them or there stomachs with feeding them early.. Doctors are just that doctors! They help when my kid is SICK or needs shots.. I dont ask for Feeding advice! I am the mom and I am the one around my kid the most I know best .. and so far I havent been wrong.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i did a teaspoon in their bottles at 3 mo because they were always so hungry and it helped them sleep longer
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I started cereal just before 4 months. But, I was 19 and it was 1996....I had no clue to wait. Now, I would never do that. I wouldn't feed purees at all, I would wait until they can sit and can pick up food to feed themselves.

And to anyone that will listen: My son does have stomach issues now. Various people I know that are OLDER do have tons of issues. Was it caused from feeding way before their gut was ready? I don't know...would I avoid anything in the future just in case? YES!!!! The stomach issues won't show up while they are still babies.

http://www.kellymom.com/store/handouts/nutrition/delay-solids.pdf

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not me I waited just because I was a new mommie and wanted to do what the doctor said.
    Kboyd1012

Answer by Kboyd1012 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010