Did you ever Get lice?

As a kid I had lice on and off as do most girls.. But my oldest daughter who is 6 has had it very little for the past month. I have treated it but when she went to her dads he didnt so once she came home she would have live bugs again! But finally I convienced him to take care of it too.
Well yesterday I realized I Now have it! I only had 1 bug and 1 egg that I knew of .. I sprayed down the whole house with that lice killing crap and I washed my hair 2 times already with the shampoo!

Have you ever gotten it as an adult?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• I had it once as a kid when I wore a school issued batting helmet during a softball game because I forgot mine. Boy was it a pain in the a$$ to get rid of them!! Never had it as an adult and so far my kids have not had it thankfully. I would use that special lice shampoo on your hair as well, just incase. From what I have experienced regular shampoo just doesn't cut it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, and my kids have never had it either.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:12 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have to add that I never had it as a kid either. Are you living in a region of the country that it is quite common?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'm in Ohio. I had it once in High School. Super long hair then. It was a nightmare. I've also had it as an adult. I got it from my neices. There was a major problem at their school. They kept getting it or couldn't get rid of it. It was horrible. There is a spray that is a natural repelant. I found it at Rite Aid, but that was years ago. Lice actually prefer clean, shiny, fine hair. People with coarse hair have less trouble with lice.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I never got them. Even when my siblings got it once I didn't. I also was not careful as a child as far as using someones brush or wearing their hat, etc. I also had a best friend who seemed to have it all the time. I have wondered if I'm somehow immune to it. lol
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:31 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have never had them as an Adult, Im sure I will get them because its so common with school age kids now days (my boy is only 2). I had them a few times as a kid from being a cheerleader and everyone throwing their stuff on top of one another.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We were blessed to never have had them. I know they can be extremely hard to get rid of.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i had it twice, sucks!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, I never have.But I do know how you get rid of them.Go to Rite-Aid or a pharmacy in your area.Get this lice kit ncalled Rid.You need to treat everyone.Even if they don't show signs of them.Next, you have to wash all the bedding.Wash all your laundry. You may need to do this more than once.It's no fun,but lice is contagious so you really need to stay on top of it.Good luck!Hope this has helped.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010