What do you believe happens when you die?

Tell me your religion and what you personally believe. If you believe in heaven or hell, describe what that means to you. Not meant to start drama I just wanna see how different people think. And even amongst one religion you can find different beliefs.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 8:25 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe I'll find out when the time comes.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am agnostic and I believe that when I die I will just cease to exist. No heaven, no hell, no afterlife....but I could be wrong, I'll find out when the time comes.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am Christian, and i will be going to Heaven!!
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'm Episcopalian, and I believe I'll go to Heaven where I'll be met by my precious daughter.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Momofboys22, please tell me what you think Heaven is, and do you believe in hell? What would hell be like? I am just curious. I'd also like to know what people who believe in Heaven/Hell think gets you sent to one or the other. Do you believe good people who are non-believers will go to hell? Or that a murderer who asks for forgiveness will go to heaven? Again no drama intended I just always wonder what people think.
    jenae_gist

Comment by jenae_gist (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• People who have had a near death experience describe seeing a bright light and being drawn to it. Will I see St. Peter and pearly gates? Will some one be standing there with a big book with my name in it that shows every good and bad thing I have done? I don't know, but, I really do not want to think about the alternative.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Our bodies die but the energy transfers. After that...well that is when theory comes in. Some could say it transfers to other things which I agree with
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The Bible says that the spirits and souls of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, when they die, go immediately to live with Him. "Absent from the body, present with the Lord." The body will be resurrected and join the spirits and souls at the end of this age, whenever that comes. Those who have rejected Jesus Christ will go to an eternity in hell, which the Bible says more about than it does about heaven. It is a place of fire, worms, and torment, according to the Holy Bible. There is not a lot of description of heaven. The Bible says that Jesus is preparing that place for us, and we trust Him to do it perfectly, as He does everything else. There is mention of mansions and streets of gold and even dimensions of the city itself. Hell is described as a "lake of fire". Nobody gets sent there. Every person gets to choose where they will spend eternity. Those who choose Jesus will live with Him; those who reject Him--hell.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My spirit will rise to heaven and I will get to see my loved ones who have passed before me and whatch over the one who haven't passed yet.
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I christian, catholic to be more specific. I believe in Heaven and Hell, but I don't know what these places are really like. When we die I believe that we will be judged for the life we lived.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2010