do you think its messed up for your parents in law to never call you to see how there grandchild is doing?

My messed up parents in law never call or visit my son, a whole year can go by and they wont even bother! and hes there one and oly grandson, but what pisses me off the most is that before I had my son, my mother in law kept on bragging saying that she cant wait to me a grandma, that she's going to want to be with him all the time and that the employees at work saw stars in her eyes when she knew she was going to be a grandma, how pathetic of her right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I completely feel you. I feel like my in-laws can care less about my son. They didn't even come to his first or second birthday party! I was SO pissed. They have seen my son probably a total of 3 times since he has been born, an he's TWO AND A HALF! They call my sister in law all the time, but their excuse for not calling my husband is that they feel like they are bothering him and don't know when he is home because he works so much. Uhh, he has a cell phone, Call if he doesn't answer, leave an effin message an he will call you back. ERR makes me sick!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 4:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• OMG yea i think its messed up i go thru the same thing... i have 2 kids and they never even met my kids she calls to see how they are doing but has never met them and during my first baby shower for my daughter she was bragging to all her friends how she was sooo happy me and my husband were expecting and its like for what if your never even going to come see them ughh i cant stand my in laws lol
    missmenace

Answer by missmenace at 5:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Mine are the same way, and whenever I need them to babysit because I have work or something to do at school they act really put out. Like they can't believe I am asking them to watch their grandchildren. How dare I right?
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My fiance's mother always talks about how her grandson (only grandchild) is so wonderful, how he has changed her life, and how she misses him so much. She only lives ten minutes away and has only come to see him probably 5 times in the last 7 1/2 months. Then when she comes over she sits on our computer and downloads a bunch of junk, then leaves. She doesn't even spend time with him. She lives so close, she is irritating.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• That is pretty sad, but it is their lost. My boys have two awesome grandmothers who would do anything in the world for them. They both babysit at the drop of a dime and spend ample quality time with their grandchildren. Has your husband ever talked to them about their lack of interest?
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Its my own mother that does this with my daughter. Acts like a proud grandma to anyone who will listen but literally only sees or hears about my daughter when I call or take her over for holidays or something, and we only live a few miles apart so there is no excuse.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My ex-mil would do that to me . Never come by/ask about my the boys etc... One day, she dropped in out of the blue and proceeded to tell me how she took her other grandkids to dairy queen. Did she bring my kids anything or offer to take my kids???? Hell no. After a 5 min stay she left.
    I am so glad that I am not part of that family any more!!! My kids are older and see the favortism she displays.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I wont let my mom see her grand child she has seen him maybe 3 times and he is 6 months. my mom is unhealthy.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• maybe i'm messed up because i have no desire to talk to them. they aren't bad people, just irritating. i'm probably a horrible daughter-in-law for not calling them.
    SarahJean70

Answer by SarahJean70 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My in-laws excuse for not calling to see the grandkids was "I don't want to be told no." They call for lots of other things, but never to come see the kids. It's a shame. I won't generally just say "no, you can't come over today" unless I have other plans. But my FIL is the kind that when he wants something he wants it now and doesn't want to wait. Um, like my 3 yr old. They have 8 grandkids and mine are the only ones who do not require an international flight to be seen; just a crosstown drive. Maybe have your so/dh say "hey, we would love for you to come and see the grandkid. Just call and we'll make as much of an arrangement as we can." Don't even get me started on my own mother - the world's best grandmother who lives up the street. Who we rarely see unless we call her. Some people are just full of hot air.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2008