Milk dripping out of baby's nose...

So this is strange huh? This morning I was feeding DD side lying and I noticed there was milk dripping out her nose! It didnt seem to bother her but I wonder if I should be concerned. Has anyone else had this happen with their LO?

gemini6810

Asked by gemini6810 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be a couple of things. One your initial letdown was a stong rush of milk and baby couldnt keep up. Or you had a really good flow of milk & DD couldnt swallow fast enough.  No worries as your baby gets older she will be able to keep up better.  Its not dangerous & bothers us mommies more than it bothers the babies.  laying with both of you guys upper bodies on an incline might help. Congrats on the good milk supply : ) 

good luck

ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 9:34 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Only when he has spit up and is come out of his nose instead of his mouth. Make sure you suck it all out with that green ball thing so it doesnt end up getting in her lungs.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My baby does this occasionally. He has bad reflux.

BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010