how long does iT take to get pregnant after getting off bc

i was taking bc for 2 onthS then i stoppEd.I had sex and now i have signS ofBeing pregnant. its been bout a month and i havent had a period yet and also the pt came ouT neg. could i be pregnant?

2008mom0209

Asked by 2008mom0209 at 4:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on the woman. My sil stopped taking hers and got preg 2 weeks after. then she stopped takin it again and it took her 4 months so there is really no way of telling. There is another woman that is having the same problem and the doctor told her that it could take a year after stopping to get preg because she's not ovulating. Have you tried takin a ovulation test. that could be why you are not havin your period and the test is comin up neg.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 11:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I took BC the first year I was married. When I stopped BC we got pregnant immediately but we miscarried 2 months later. I would say be careful trying so quickly, but of course not everyone will end in miscarriage, some will though because the BC is still in your system. Since you only took BC for two months before quiting, you shouldn't have issues with it being in your system like I did.
    Now its been a year since the miscarriage and we have been trying for about 3 months to conceive.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was on the pill for about a decade (loestrin for most of that decade) and we didn't get pregnant until cycle 6 of TTC once I stopped the pill.
    petunia911

Answer by petunia911 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• varies...i dont think bc is a factor in it. my cousins best friend tried for over a year. my best friend got off it and was preggo a week later.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 10:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• very variable - I was on the pill 5 years, then got off and got preg with DD my first cycle off the pill. Went back on for 2 years after she weaned, went off to try for #2 and it took us 12 months to concieve DS
    Eagle85

Answer by Eagle85 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My doctor said that it only depends on your body before taking the pills. The pills are what people blame when things take too long or go wrong but it has to do with your own body. I am getting off the pill in one more week after 13 years straight and I asked my Dr tons of questions. He told me that there's so many myths out there but if my body was "regular" prior to pills, there shouldnt be a problem. Plus you need to make sure the timing is right when you do the baby dance!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008