how long does iT take to get pregnant after getting off bc

2008mom0209

Asked by 2008mom0209 at 4:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it depends on what kind of birth control your using
    missmenace

Answer by missmenace at 5:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• This varies widely person to person. Some doctors will generally say 3-6 months, but I believe that's also so people won't get anxious and upset if it doesn't happen right away. I was on the pill for 2 years, went off when my husband and I got married, (literally took the last pill the week before) and we conceived our daughter on the honeymoon. My best friend had both of her pregnancies take over 6 months, one was coming off the pill and the other was an IUD that she had removed. Depends on you, how you react to the hormone changes and how regular you were before birth control...
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i was on the shot for about 4 years....i went off the shot in jan.. this year...we started trying ...i didnt get pregnant until june....so i would say it all depends on what kind u used.
    amrb

Answer by amrb at 10:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My doctor told us that you will be most successful the first 3 months after coming off of it. It took us 2 years after coming off of it. So everyone is different
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It depends on the person. It only took me two weeks the first time and a couple of days the second. I had been on the pill for ten years.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 10:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for almost 10 years and got pregnant in two weeks.
    Anonymous