My son is 4 months old and hes pulling on his ears, drooling alot, doesnt seem to want to eat much,fussing all the time and biting on everything. I don't know if hes teething or not. He has always been a really good baby who only cried when hungry or has a dirty diaper. I don't see any teeth coming in..but could it be possible he's teething?

What is going on with my son?

itsrayy123

Asked by itsrayy123 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The drooling biting and fussing all sound like teething to me. My son got his first tooth at 4 months, I cried because I thought it was way too early and it meant my son was growing up lol. First thing I thought when you said he's pulling on his ears and fussing though, was an ear infection. Might want to keep an eye on that or take him for a check up. Good luck!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 4:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My son is also four months old and going through the same thing. After about a week of fussiness and drooling I noticed a little tooth starting to poke through, just wait because he will calm down once the tooth comes in more, but if the same thing happens with yours that did mine, after about a week of calmness the other bottom tooth will start coming in and it will start all over again.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Definately teething - does he have really runny poop? My son had his first two teeth at 4 months. Give the little guy tylenol to ease his pain; there are teething tablets and Orajel too.
    newmama062707

Answer by newmama062707 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Possible ear infection. Take him to the Dr. to be checked.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 10:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Sounds like an ear infection to me. Most ear infections will clear up on there own within a few days without antibiotics. Check his temperature If he has a high fever is almost definately an ear infection. If he has a fever take hime to the doctor. If not, just give him a little Tylenol for the pain and watch him a few days to see if he gets worse.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 11:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Sounds like teething to me also. My daughter got BOTH her bottom teeth when she was about 5 mo. She too is normally a very happy and content baby, so when she became excessively crabby and fussy I knew something was up. I noticed (and when I rubbed her gums felt) both of her little toothies breaking thru. After about 3-4 days she was fine. I gave her some baby Tylenol for her fever and she got thru it just fine.

Good luck!!
    KenadysMom

Answer by KenadysMom at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008